This position is responsible for providing professional business management and financial administration of a physician practice. Must demonstrate an extensive working knowledge of and familiarity with all applications associated with managing a health care center. Responsible for daily management of one physician practice usually consisting of 1-2 providers and up to 4 FTEs.
1. Helps establish/implement goals, objectives, policies, procedures and systems for the assigned administrative areas.
2. Assists with developing and implementing annual operational plan and budget.
3. Selects, trains, orients and supervises clinic personnel in accordance with established MSO policies and procedures. Responsible for work assignment and daily operations. Manages personnel for the practices, including training relief employees.
4. Evaluates performance and recommends merit increases, promotions and disciplinary actions in a timely manner. Interviews and recommends hiring and termination of staff in accordance with approved policies.
5. Resolves problems in administrative areas and ensures compliance with regulations and standards.
6. Helps fiscal management and other administrative staff in implementing cost effective policies and procedures for all operational areas including bookkeeping, billing, insurance, fee schedules, credit/collections, purchasing, data processing and space planning.
7. Works in conjunction with Regional Director and corporate Marketing Department in practice development.
8. Ensures the effective implementation of job descriptions, personnel policies and payroll practices.
9. Monitors and controls clinic expenditures within budget. Identifies and implements cost reduction opportunities.
10. Serves as liaison between clinic and external agencies.
11. Works with staff and providers to ensure quality patient care and services are provided. Maintains effective communication with providers and staff; conducts monthly and educational meetings with providers and staff. Creates a positive work place.
12. Gathers and reports monthly and annual data for fiscal, statistical and planning purposes. Develops and implements revenue enhancement strategies for existing practices.
13. Participates in professional development activities to keep current with health care trends and practices.
14. Responsible for assuring all appropriate licensure, certifications and/or accreditations are secured according to policy.
15. Follows the CHRISTUS Physician Group guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
16. Maintains strict confidentiality.
17. Uses oral and written communication skills to effectively convey ideas in a clear, positive manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission.
18. Maintains established CHRISTUS Physician Group policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
19. Implements job responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission and Code of Ethics and supportive of CHRISTUS Physician Group's cultural diversity objectives.
20. Supports and adheres to CPG Service Guarantee.
21. Performs other related work as required.