Founded in 1866, University Hospitals serves the needs of patients through an integrated network of 18 hospitals, more than 40 outpatient health centers and 200 physician offices in 15 counties throughout northern Ohio. The system’s flagship academic medical center, University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center, located on a 35-acre campus in Cleveland’s University Circle, is affiliated with Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. The main campus also includes University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital, ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the nation; University Hospitals MacDonald Women’s Hospital, Ohio’s only hospital for women; and University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center, part of the NCI-designated Case Comprehensive Cancer Center. UH is home to some of the most prestigious clinical and research programs in the nation, including cancer, pediatrics, women’s health, orthopedics, radiology, neuroscience, cardiology and cardiovascular surgery, digestive health, dermatology, transplantation and urology. UH Cleveland Medical Center is perennially among the highest performers in national ranking surveys, including ‘America’s Best Hospitals’ from U.S. News & World Report. UH is also home to Harrington Discovery Institute at University Hospitals – part of The Harrington Project for Discovery & Development. UH is the second largest employer in northern Ohio with 26,000 employees. For more information, go to UHhospitals.org.
- Develop systems for identifying, reporting, investigating and controlling infections and communicable diseases; and monitoring infectious patients to provide a safe environment for patients and staff
- Collaborate with UH Infectious Disease physicians and UH/entity Infection Control committees to develop and implement policies governing prevention and control of infections and communicable diseases
- Monitor all infectious disease data collection and reporting.
- Maintains NHSN and Theradoc databases to support public reporting and internal report requirements.
- Shares data trends in standardized fashion on a regular basis with quality leadership.
- Maintains sound methodology and staff competency for collecting and validating data
- Partner with Quality Directors to analyze and determine QI priorities and drive ongoing, concurrent infection-related performance improvement
- Partner with Community Hospital Infection Control leadership practitioners for alignment of vision and goals
- 3 years infection control/prevention experience
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, assess & problem solve effectively
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated strong leadership and coaching skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Comfortable working with complex databases
- Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing
- Current RN Licensure in the State of Ohio
- CIC Board certification or obtain within first year of employment
- Master’s degree in associated field strongly preferred
- Experience in an Academic Medical setting
Apply online at http://careers.uhhospitals.org/job/6881963/manager-infection-control-prevention-cleveland-oh/
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Educational verification may be required for this position. In support of our mission “to improve health every day”, this is a tobacco-free environment.