Responsible for applying and removing plaster or fiberglass casts on patients with fractures, sprains or torn muscles; maintaining cast working area; assisting the supervising physician or nurse as needed; and assisting with surgical procedures and with admitting and screening patients.
1. Applying and removing and/or assisting with casts, splints and dressings as ordered by the physician.
2. Removing staples, sutures, external fixation devices as ordered by the physician.
3. Collecting or assisting with the collection of specimens, including venipuncture, C & S. Prepare specimens for processing as directed by physician.
4. Assisting physician with procedures as needed.
5. Preparing and fitting orthotics.
6. Instructing patients regarding care of casts, splints, dressings, etc.
7. Sterilizing instruments as needed.
8. Transport/transfer patients when required.
9. Follows the CHRISTUS Physician Group guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
10. Maintains strict confidentiality.
11. Uses oral and written communication skills to effectively convey ideas in a clear, positive manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission.
12. Maintains established CHRISTUS Physician Group policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
13. Implements job responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission and Code of Ethics and supportive of CHRISTUS Physician Group's cultural diversity objectives.
14. Supports and adheres to CPG Service Guarantee.
15. Performs other related work as required.