LPN (Silver Clinic)
Kansas City, MO
The Kansas City VA is embarking on a journey of moving beyond performance measure and becoming the Healthcare System Veterans Trust and Choose.
Our patients depend on us and we depend on professionals like you.
If you are interested in being a part of a LEAN organization and putting other's needs before your own this may be the organization for you. Yours might be the first face they see when they come through our doors. Yours might be the voice they hear right after a surprise diagnosis. Yours might be the eyes they look into as they are pushed in a wheelchair to a frightening procedure. Your attitude reflects us and everything we are proud of in this organization. By applying for this position you have chosen to help serve our patients and we appreciate you. With the initiation of cultural change, along with knowledge and tools for change, the Kansas City VA will continue to move towards a practice of continuous improvement. In the endeavor, we recognize that this change will not occur suddenly, that dedicated individuals like yourself will be required, that leadership involvement is necessary, and employee engagement paramount. As a 157 bed medical, surgical, and psychiatric facility, the Kansas City VA provides comprehensive health care through primary care and tertiary care in subspecialty medicine, surgery, psychiatry, physical medicine and rehabilitation. It is also a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Kansas and the University of Missouri Kansas City. Take a closer look at Kansas City at www.thinkkc.com. VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
The LPN possesses the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively apply aspects of the nursing process within a collaborative, interdisciplinary practice setting.Â This broad based clinical knowledge enables the LPN to effectively implement health promotion and prevention interventions, manage acute and chronic illness states, assist veterans in the attainment of optimal levels of functioning through rehabilitatio, and provide supportive measures for the dying patient and their significant others. The LPN possesses the knowledge and skills necessary to:
- Communicate and interact appropriately and courteously with internal and external customers.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient / employee information electronically, verbally, and written.
- Work and function within a safe manner including infection control and operation of equipment.
- Integrate and apply pertinent aspects of the Medical Center performance improvement program into his/her professional practice.
- Utilize nursing research, evidence based practice and literature in daily practice.
- Provide care appropriate to the bio-psychosocial needs of the population served. This knowledge includes an understanding of the changes associated with aging and principles of growth and development relevant to the adult and geriatric population. He/ she must be able to assess and interpret data relating to the patient's current health status, which will facilitate the delivery of care appropriate to the age specific needs of the adult and geriatric patient.
Work Schedule: Tuesday - Saturday, 8am - 430pm.
- Citizenship. Citizen of the United States. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Education. Graduate of a school of practical or vocational nursing approved by the appropriate State agency and/or accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) at the time the program was completed by the applicant.
- Licensure. Full, active, current and unrestricted licensure as a licensed practical or vocational nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or District of Columbia. An LPN/LVN who has or has ever had, any license(s) revoked, suspended, denied, restricted, limited, or issued/placed in a probationary status may be appointed only in accordance with the provisions in VA Policy.
- English Language Proficiency. Must be proficient in both spoken and written English as required by 38 U.S.C. 7402(d) and 7407(d).
VA offers a comprehensive benefits package. This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered: http://www.vacareers.va.gov/why-choose-va/benefits/index.asp.
Learn more and apply at www.vacareers.va.gov or contact:
Nicole L. Skilling - Human Resources
Phone: (816) 861-4700 x53839
Equal Opportunity Employer