Amazing career experiences that count.
At Main Line Health®, our Magnet® hospitals are well-known throughout suburban Philadelphia for our award-winning care. We recently have been recognized by the Philadelphia Business Journal as one of the top ten "Best Places to Work" in the Delaware Valley. And with a history spanning more than 150 years, it’s one of the region’s most honored and respected academic healthcare institutions.
Infection Preventionist- Bryn Mawr Hospital, Bryn Mawr, PA
- Benefits Eligible
The Infection Preventionist (IP) develops and implements an effective infection prevention and control program. This includes surveillance for healthcare-associated infections, monitoring of specific environmental issues, management of clusters/outbreaks, compliance with accrediting and regulatory agencies, overseeing isolation precautions and designing educational programs that inform and instruct hospital employees and physicians in patient care practices that prevent healthcare-associated infections. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and implementing the local site’s infection prevention and control initiatives in collaboration with the Director of Infection Prevention and Control of MLHS (the Director)
- Supporting PI initiatives (from internal surveillance needs or external regulatory/accreditation requirements)
- Reporting communicable diseases to the local department(s) of health
- Reviewing infection prevention and control policies in collaboration with department heads
- Facilitating infection prevention meetings, such as the Infection Prevention and Control and/or Clinical Operations Committees
- Investigating infections according to the infection prevention and control plan
- Participating in local site’s Emergency Planning and Environmental Safety activities
- Acting as an educator, resource person, and liaison to Administration, Medical Staff, and personnel
- Provides and/or reviews educational programs which include infection prevention and control principles, policies, and procedures
- Attending the organization's quality committees, performance improvement teams and work groups
Candidate must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred or be a graduate with a Baccalaureate Degree in healthcare science or medical technology. Must be certified in Infection Control or be eligible and have a current Pennsylvania RN license (preferred if a nurse) and CIC preferred or eligible. Recertification required every 5 years by testing. Attendance at an initial APIC-approved program for IPs or its equivalent and ongoing continuing education is desired. Minimum of three years medical-surgical nursing experience and a minimum of two years infection prevention and control experience is preferred. Familiarity with basic Windows applications, e-mail, and MS Office Suite products is a plus.
Interested candidates please email Valerie Thomas at: ThomasV@mlhs.org. Applicants must certify that they have not used tobacco products or nicotine in any form in the 90-days prior to submitting an application to Main Line Health. This will be verified during pre-employment testing. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.