Providence is calling a Staff Educator - Registered Nurse ( Full Time / Day Shift ) for our Providence Medical Institute Administration.
In this position you will:
- Provides assessment, consultation, and education & training of PMI employees in all ambulatory practice settings.
- Participates in the planning and coordination of regulatory and quality processes including, but not limited to, scope of practice, service excellence, infection control, patient safety, coordination of DHS visits, AAAHC Accreditation, staff licensing and performance improvement initiatives.
- Maintains a customer-oriented focus in all aspects of training, ensuring that employees are properly trained and determined to be competent to perform job functions.
- Ensures feedback to managers and directors regarding any training needs of employees.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum 3 years experience.
- Current California RN license.
- current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross (ARC) - CPR/AED for Professional Rescuer accepted on hire until card expiration date required.
- Excellent teaching skills including presentation, development of curriculum and training materials.
- Must have the ability to successfully work with Medical Assistants, Licensed Vocational Nurses, Registered Nurses and Physicians in designing, implementing and monitoring key operational initiatives.
- Must have exceptional clinical knowledge and judgment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (both verbal and written).
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in a healthcare related field.
- BLS Instructor preferred.
- Ambulatory care experience.
About the location you will serve:
Providence Health & Services Southern California is further developing its physician integration strategy. Historically, the largest asset has been Providence Medical Institute, a medical foundation that provides administrative and other support services to affiliated medical groups. Providence Medical Institute is expected to grow significantly in the next several years, bringing with it facilities, staff and physician growth to support that objective.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Clinical Education
Req ID: 145637