At Novant Health, we bring together world-class technology and clinicians – like you – to help make our patients’ healthcare experience easier and more personal. Your commitment to care and our model of spending more time with each patient are the foundation of our success and the reason six of our hospitals are Magnet certified, indicating our commitment to excellence in nursing. Today we are making healthcare remarkable.
As one of the nation’s leading healthcare organizations, Novant Health remains in a position of financial strength and smart growth. In July 2015, Becker’s Healthcare ranked Novant Health one of the top 10 hospitals and health systems with strong finances in the United States.
Infection preventionist certified lead - Sign-on bonus, $5,000
The team member’s number one job responsibility is to deliver the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time, and understand how he or she contributes to the health system’s vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families.
The infection preventionist lead is responsible for resource assignment and coordination of facility-based Infection preventionists. The preventionist lead will mentor other IPs and will lead the way in exemplary completion of quality deliverables and leadership capability. This position will partner with facility leaders to maintain a quality infection prevention program at the facility.
- Graduate from an accredited School of Registered Nursing or Medical Technology or related healthcare field required. Bachelor’s degree in nursing, medical technology or related field required.
- Three to five years in Nursing or Medical Technology or related healthcare field required. Two years in Infection Control/Epidemiology required. Leadership experience preferred.
- Current RN License required if RN. American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification required if MT. Certification by the National Certification Board of Infection Control required.
- Ability to lead teams and direct an organized work effort; awareness of current and future trends in Infection Prevention and healthcare; ability to understand, report and direct the team and other IP department personnel to maintain the facility infection prevention program and to respond to critical issues in a timely and complete manner; ability to work under deadlines and heavy workloads. Relationship management skills that include excellent listening and consultative abilities, as well as the ability to establish credible relationships with facility leaders to drive change.
- Knowledge of departmental and Novant Health computer system(s).
- Full time, exempt
- Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
Infection preventionist certified - Sign-on bonus, $5,000
Winston Salem, NC
The team member's number one job responsibility is to deliver the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time, and understand how he or she contributes to the health system’s vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families.
To actively participate in the Infection Prevention Program, by supporting prevention activities and best practice measures.
- High school diploma required. Bachelor's degree preferred. Registered Nurse or Medical Technologist bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years infection prevention and control experience preferred.
- Infection Control or Epidemiology certification preferred. If not certified, certification required within two and a half years after hire required.
Ability to successfully complete generic and department-specific skills validation and competency testing; understands and uses personal computer. Demonstrates analytical skills i.e. calculation of infection rates. Maintain membership in the Association of Professional in Infection control and Epidemiology at a state and national levels to provide opportunities for networking and education.
- Full time
- Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
- 40 hours per week
Novant Health offers great benefits and competitive salary.
For a more detailed description and to apply to be a part of our growing team, visit JobsAtNovantHealth.org and reference job ID 183355 and 187154.
Connect with our recruitment team here through live chat.