UC Davis Medical Center
Infection Prevention Nurse
Salary Range: $57.13 to $79.31 Hourly
Final Filing Date: Open Until Filled
The Infection Prevention nurse is responsible for surveillance of all types of infections in assigned areas, analysis of surveillance data and reporting results; provide infection prevention-related education and consultation for the health system; assist with other projects and outbreak management, as needed.
• At least one year paid RN experience in a similar setting.
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
• Certified in Infection Control (CIC) or Certification eligible.
• Possession of valid California RN license.
• Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
• Passing of UCDMC Performance Demonstration, Policy Review and Medication Exam.
• CPR Certification.
• Minimum of three years paid RN experience in Infection Control.
• Experience in performing surveillance using National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) definitions.
• Skills, knowledge, and ability to perform functions of Clinical Nurse III job description at a proficient level.
• Knowledge of medications, indications, dosage ranges, side effects, and potential toxicity.
• Ability to safely lift 25 lbs. and assist in moving patients, and stand on feet over extended periods.
• Knowledge of legal implications for clinical practice.
• Knowledge of, and ability to utilize principles of adult learning.
• Knowledge of performance improvement and research process.
• THIS POSITION MAY BE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION, DRUG SCREEN, LIVE SCAN FINGERPRINTING, MEDICAL EVALUATION CLEARANCE, AND FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY ASSESSMENT
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at:
Requisition number #047991
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer