Providence is calling a Medical Lab Technician II to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
In this position you will:
- Provide accurate, timely and cost effective laboratory testing of patient samples to aid in diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- Provide technical expertise to Providence Alaska Medical Center Lab and other healthcare institutions.
- Perform a variety of technical laboratory procedures according to hospital, lab, and national standards.
- Be responsible for accurately completing records and reports, and other statistical information for master files or database.
- Use positive interpersonal skills to educate/support lab customers and promote success of team members.
- Use clear and concise verbal and written communication with staff and the public.
- Participate in QC/QI for area of specialty and Lab indicators. Take corrective action to correct equipment malfunction or when testing deficiencies are noted.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Associates degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or with equivalent education/work experience.
- Individuals qualifying for this position with an Associates Degree must have certification as either a Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) from the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or Clinical Lab Technician (CLT) from the National Credentialing Agency (NCA).
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One (1) year of clinical lab experience.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Lab (Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Technologist)
Req ID: 151387