Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weï¿½re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
1. Maintains phlebotomy tray in a clean and sanitary condition.
2. Responds to test requisitions promptly, with attention to patientï¿½s name, type of test, and time of test.
3. Greets patients in a courteous manner by introducing self and asking patientï¿½s name.
4. Verifies correct patient by checking name on test requisition with the name of the patient I.D. band prior to specimen collection.
5. Washes hands throughout the workday, and consistently obeys hospital regulations for infection control.
6. Strictly obeys the guidelines of standard precautions.
7. Labels all tubes accurately, immediately after specimen collection; including patient name, I.D. number, date, time and initials.
8. Disposes of hazardous materials properly, immediately after use, per department guidelines.
9. When necessary, asks for information or assistance from the appropriate personnel.
10. Attentive to record keeping, documentation of work performed and required clerical tasks.
11. Notifies supervisor of work completion, and reports for additional assignments.
12. Follows department policies and procedures when performing various tests: i.e., glucose tolerance.
13. Completes all procedures scheduled during shift without interfering with the quality of work performed.
14. Demonstrates the ability to perform the following computer functions accurately: Patient Registration
15. Completes work left from other shifts, and strives to reduce holdover procedures.
16. Keeps supervisor informed of problems, which could impact completion of workload.
17. Demonstrates ability to accurately and quickly sort and deliver chart copies.
18. Regularly demonstrates the ability to coordinate simultaneous test procedures with complete accuracy.
19. Demonstrates flexibility to adjust schedule in response to STAT orders, emergency situations or fluctuations in the workload.
20. Demonstrates an understanding and effective use of the draw board.
21. Demonstrates an understanding of the venipuncture equipment, and various tubes and solutions used in specimen collection.
22. Reports unexpected patient behavior and or the inability to obtain specimens to appropriate personnel.
23. Demonstrates the following skills regarding send out testing:
Take Phone Reports
Look Up Results
24. Using age-appropriate techniques, demonstrates the ability to accurately, efficiently and safely perform venipuncture and capillary blood removal procedures. Completely conforms to guidelines in blood removal procedures.
25. Follows up on conflicting or irregular patient problems.
26. Utilizes proper phone etiquette when answering the telephone by identifying area and self and projecting an attitude of helpfulness and professionalism.
27. Responds promptly and courteously to telephone inquiries.
28. Demonstrates a command of the phone system by accurately, quickly and politely being able to:
Call forward a line and subsequently cancel it.
Take down and pass along coherent messages when lines are busy.
29. Promotes efficiency and professionalism by carrying a beeper while on duty. Resonds promptly to beeper requests.
30. Consistently demonstrates initiative and thoroughness in processing patient specimens ASAP, i.e., distributing specimen left in bucket.
31. Ensures accurate and timely documentation of cap units.
32. Demonstrates the ability to act as a team leader in facilitating workflow.
33. Demonstrates the ability to act as a reference for lab assistant personnel.
34. Assists with orientation of new personnel.
35. Able to perform Lab Assistant function in all areas of the Lab.
36. Ensures times draws are drawn within five minutes of time scheduled.
37. Ensures timed drug levels are drawn at appropriate times by maintaining communication with nursing staff.
38. Informs supervisor and co-workers of any difficulty in obtaining specimens or locating patient both verbally and on requisition slips.
39. Performs all other duties as assigned.
A. Minimum Requirement: All Phlebotomists hired as of April 2003, knowledge necessary to obtain Phlebotomy certificate in the state of California and current California Phlebotomy certificate.
B. Preferred Experience: One-year phlebotomy experience in an acute care setting preferred.
C. Current American Heart Association BLS certification.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Job: Phlebotomy/Blood/Medical Asst
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Nights
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 1905026349
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.