The Infection Prevention and Control Manager is a registered nurse who manages the Infection Prevention and Control program and activities in accordance with established best practices and standards of care. There is significant collaboration with clinical and support services and interaction with Infection Disease Advisor and medical staff.
Key Accountabilities / Principal Duties:
1. Contributes to the vision and direction of the Infection Control Program in collaboration with the Director of Infection Prevention and Control
2. Implements the Infection Control Program and Surveillance Plan based on IC standards and annual risk assessment.
3. Facilitates and staffs the Infection Control Advisory Committee.
4. Assists the Director with the annual evaluation and summary of the previous year's Infection Control Program Plan and Surveillance Plan.
5. Analyzes and interprets infection control data; benchmarks data with external databases/agencies
6. Completes monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as described in the Surveillance Plan.
7. Maintains current knowledge of JC standards and ensures compliance with IC standards.
8. Oversees monitoring and surveillance of patients and staff related to infection control.
9. Assists the Director with programmatic surveillance of patients and personnel.
10. Compiles, interprets, and reports surveillance data to the appropriate committees, departments, and individuals as outlined in the Infection Control Plan.
11. Coordinates rounds to specific departments to observe infection control/safety practices. Communicates findings as appropriate.
12. Collaborates with medical staff, hospital department and appropriate public health authorities.
13. Reports infections and communicable diseases to the appropriate health agencies and public health authority.
14. Consults in the Infection Control aspect of employee health.
15. Assists in investigation and reporting of physician, student and agency personnel exposure incidents.
Minimum Education, Training and Experience Required:
4. A minimum of three years clinical experience in infection prevention and program development.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Additional Salary Information: Competitive salary with full extensive relocation package available.
Internal Number: R20016466
About Baptist Health Louisville
Baptist Health Louisville, a 519-bed hospital located in a suburban park-like setting in beautiful Louisville Kentucky offers a wide range of healthcare services. Area residents benefit from the hospital’s emergency services, including special teams for heart attack and stroke care. The hospital’s cancer services include two freestanding Radiation Centers, the Charles and Mimi Osborn Cancer Center that includes a cancer resource center and a multidisciplinary lung care clinic. Special services include women’s health, offering all-private maternity rooms, digital mammography, ultrasound and bone-density scanning for osteoporosis. Other areas of expertise include orthopedics, neurosurgery, cardiovascular services, wound care, behavioral health, occupational health, and in-home care provided by Baptist Health Home Care. Baptist Health has a network of healthcare providers for patients in the Metro Louisville area – from Baptist Health Medical Group physician offices, to Baptist Health Urgent Care and Baptist Health Occupational Medicine (formerly known as BaptistWorx®). The hospital has achieved Magnet designation for excellence in nursing services by the American Nurses Credentiali...ng Center’s (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program® three times.
Baptist Health Louisville is part of the Baptist Health family of hospitals and has experienced tremendous growth in recent years. They system now spans nine hospitals across Kentucky and Southern Indiana with more than 2,700 total licensed beds. Baptist Health offers employees a wide and comprehensive range of benefits and employee incentive programs. We believe in taking care of our employees as well as we take care of our patients and strive to offer the best programs to our employees, as we believe it directly affects the quality of care we provide to our communities. Baptist Health Louisville is an equal opportunity employer that offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.