This position is located in Portland, Oregon. We are interested in all qualified candidates, including those outside the area who are open to relocating to the Portland area. Relocation allowance is available.
Are you an RN with 5 or more years of clinical care experience and the application of infection control standards of care? Do you have a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing? Do you have a passion for community health? Are you interested in work that directly impacts medically-underserved populations? If you answered YES to these questions, then we have an awesome opportunity for you!
What We're Looking For
* An experienced RN with solid experience with infection prevention and control standards.
* Someone who can use their clinical knowledge and expertise to provide clear guidance and direction to clinic nursing staff on all things related to infection prevention/control.
* A RN confident in their knowledge and experience, able to stay calm and collected in stressful situations.
* A clear communicator who is able to deliver complex information verbally and in writing in a way that is easy to understand.
* Excellent team skills, able to work with everyone in the organization including senior leaders and C-Suite.
* Someone who can work independently and proactively with minimal direction.
* Working knowledge of regulations and standards related to OSHA, WISHA, ACIP, AAMI, ANSI, FDA, CDC, TJC, and WA and OR health care regulations.
What You'll Do
* Create, implement, manage, and monitor corporate infection control program across WA and OR states.
* Implement and manage the employee health and safety program.
* Lead a multi-disciplinary team to achieve department goals.
* Collaborate with business and community partners (i.e. public health departments, department of health representatives, etc.)
* Act as a consultant to providers, staff, management, patients, and visitors.
* Collaborate with Facilities on design and remodel of patient care areas to decrease potential for spread of infection.
* Develop, implement, and manage an organization-wide sterilization/autoclave/disinfection training and monitoring program according to regulatory requirements.
* Act as a resource to providers and clinical staff to enable them to recognize and isolate outbreaks of infectious disease.
* Plan, develop, implement, and maintain an effective annual flu program to include managing flu orders for private stock.
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing required.
* Minimum of 5 years of direct clinical care experience and application of infection control standards of care.
* RN licensure in OR State. WA State RN license required within 24 months of hire.
* CIC required within 4 years of hire.
* Master's degree in public health, nursing, or health science field preferred.
* Experience in the design, implementation, and monitoring of infection control programs.
* Employee health or occupational health experience also preferred.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.