Location Address: 9100 W. 74th Street, Mission, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
* Received Magnet(r) recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
* Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
* Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
* Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
* Employee Referral Program
* Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
Full time Nights
12 hour Shifts
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Care for perinatal patients and families and work collaboratively with all units and professionals within the Birth Center and Shawnee Mission Health to ensure seamless care for the families served.
* Provide care based on family-centered principles and evidence-based care.
* Actively participate in unit-based committees.
* Adhere to the infant security practices and respond accordingly as outlined in the Birth Center Infant Security Policy.
* Attend a minimum of 50% of scheduled unit staff meetings and be accountable for obtaining information from any missed meetings. PRN or relief associates attendance requirements per manager's discretion.
* Take initiative to complete mandatory job requirements; assume responsibility for my role in performance development.
* Take initiative to be informed about new equipment, technology, forms, credentialing and practice changes, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
* Participate in unit quality and process improvement activities (e.g., High 5 and Joint Commission Perinatal Core Measures).
* Actively participate in daily safety huddles.
* Adhere to AORN guidelines for aseptic and sterile technique.
* Consistently follow organizational guidelines for effective hand hygiene.
* Follow guidelines for standard precautions as directed.
* Maintain a neat and clean patient environment by changing linens, emptying trash and keeping hallways clean and free of clutter and equipment.
* Perform environmental tasks as delegated with minimal supervision.
* Maintain Aseptic and Sterile Technique for vaginal and c-section births.
* Perform post case clean-up and ensure instruments are properly prepared for Central Processing.
* Support the goals of the department and adhere to all organizational and departmental policies.
* Communicate clearly and effectively to all customers, the RN and other members of the healthcare team.
* Answer call lights, telephones and requests for assistance quickly and with a smile and pleasant demeanor.
* Willingly seek out additional responsibilities as assigned within my competency level.
* Resolve issues and problems as soon as they arise.
* Play an active role in Time Out and Speak Up procedures in the OR and delivery room.
* Assist RNs with activities of daily living and repositioning as directed.
* Use AIDET when communicating with patients.
* Listen attentively and provide information in a way that is respectful and ensures understanding.
* Address customers by their preferred names.
* Provide for privacy and dignity of all patients by closing doors and curtains when providing patient care.
* Provide care per Surgical Technologist orientation checklist.
* Prepare for surgical procedures using the surgeon preference card and obtain supplies and instruments for procedures.
* Manage countable items on the surgical field so as to avoid retained surgical items.
* Demonstrate proper use of patient care supplies and equipment.
* Demonstrate knowledge of patient safety supplies and respond appropriately to organizational disaster codes.
* Follow directions accurately and completely.
* Keep patient and hospital information confidential and out of public view.
* Keep the unit stocked and prepared for patients and any OB emergencies
What You Will Need:
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
* Certified Surgical Technologist
* BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association
The Scrub Tech II is a select para-professional who is prepared to practice competent perioperative care of patients under the direct supervision of a qualified professional nurse within the context of an accountable work team. The Scrub Tech II is responsible and accountable to assist in planning, coordinating and implementing care of the surgical patient. At the discretion of the manager, the Scrub Tech II is cross-trained to assume all responsibilities pertaining to immediate surgical care
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.