Stamford Hospital is looking for an Infection Preventionist Registered Nurse to join the Department of Infection Prevention/Infectious Diseases. A Medical Technologist or an MPH with (CIC) Certification in Infection Prevention and Control by CBIC may also be considered.
The Infection Preventionist is responsible for participating in an organization-wide Infection Prevention and Control program for the surveillance, prevention, and control of infection. This role includes the responsibility for formulating and reviewing policies and procedures related to infection prevention and control practices, and for collecting and analyzing data, as well as conducting outbreak and cluster investigations as indicated. The individual will serve as a member of the Infection Prevention and Control Committee and will collaborate with Infectious Disease physicians, Microbiologists, and other health care providers regarding infectious or employee health related issues. The Infection Preventionist will act as a resource and role model for establishing and promoting effective infection prevention protocols within all levels of the organization and provide education in a variety of settings, i.e., public forums, on-the-spot in-services, educational sessions, etc. There are also opportunities for participating in national, state, and local committees, as well as a career advancement ladder program.
Schedule: Monday through Friday; five days per week, day shift hours TBD
1) Current CT RN license required, BSN preferred
2) 3 years' experience in an acute care hospital required
3) Previous experience in Infection Prevention and Control required
4) Knowledge of Joint Commission requirements, OSHA, Department of Public Health, CDC and APIC guidelines required
5) Excellent computer skills required and Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel, PowerPoint)
6) Effective communication skills a must
7) Certification in Infection Prevention and Control (CIC) by CBIC, or required to obtain within 5 years
Internal Number: 01-20-831
About Stamford Hospital
Stamford Hospital is a Magnet-designated, 305-bed, level II trauma center exclusively focused on serving Stamford and Lower Fairfield County residents.