Stamford Hospital is looking for an Infection Preventionist Registered Nurse to join the Department of Infectious Diseases.
The Infection Preventionist is responsible for formulating and reviewing policies and procedures related to infection prevention and control practices. This position is also responsible for collecting and analyzing data as well as conducting outbreak and cluster investigations. The individual will serve as a member of the Infection Prevention and Control Committee and will collaborate with Infectious Disease physicians, Microbiologists and other health care providers regarding infectious or employee health related issues. The Infection Preventionist will act as a mentor and role model for establishing and promoting effective infection prevention protocols within all levels of the organization and provide education in a variety of settings, i.e. public forums, on-the-spot in-services, educational sessions, etc. and opportunities for participating in national, state and local committees, as well as a Career Advancement program.
Schedule: Monday through Friday; five days per week, day shift hours TBD
1) Current CT RN license required or Master's Degree with a CIC certification
2) 3 years' experience in an acute care hospital required
3) Previous experience in Infection Prevention and Control required
4) Knowledge of Joint Commission requirements, OSHA, Department of Public Health, CDC and APIC guidelines required
5) Previous experience working with Infection Prevention software i.e. Vecna/Pathfinders or the like
6) Excellent computer skills required and Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel, PowerPoint)
7) Effective communication skills a must
8) Certification in Infection Prevention and Control (CIC), or required to obtain within 5 years
Internal Number: 01-20-831
About Stamford Hospital
Stamford Hospital is a Magnet-designated, 305-bed, level II trauma center exclusively focused on serving Stamford and Lower Fairfield County residents.