The Supervisor of Pre-Analytical directs the collection and processing of quality specimens in a safe manner. Aids in the delivery of exceptional patient care. Leads and facilitates the Phlebotomist and other clinical staff to collect and process quality specimens in a safe manner. Coaches for positive behavior and performance. Responsible to schedule and coordinate staff to meet patient needs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
Leads and mentors Phlebotomists and other staff by communicating technical and general information in a professional and constructive manner, has HR responsibilities of team.
Responsible for high customer satisfaction through professional and ethical conduct.
Evaluates staff behaviors and performance to achieve department goals with a focus on continuous improvement through competency assessment and other tools.
Follows all established specimen collection, labeling, transportation, and handling procedures. Performs all delegated functions as defined by facility CLIA Director.
Builds cohesive team through collaboration and innovation.
Coordinates and schedules staff to meet patient and departmental need. Responsible for the delivery of quality work and service of staff.
Monitors quality and safety reports.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
Knowledge of laboratory regulations, protocols and procedures.
Analytical and critical thinking abilities.
Ability to comprehend and communicate complex instructions in an easy to understand.
Ability to perform laboratory protocols and procedures.
Knowledge of safety and infection control standards.
Ability to work in a team environment and perform service recovery.
Ability to make tactical decisions around the allocation and direction of the work of supervised employees using established guidelines, policies and/or procedures.
Ability to make effective hiring and termination recommendations.
Ability to train, and evaluate performance of supervised staff.
General computer skills, including but not limited to: Microsoft Office, information security, scheduling and payroll systems, electronic medical documentation, and email.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following - Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits - 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5% - Tuition Reimbursement - PTO accrual beginning Day 1 Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- LOCATION BSW Medical Center Lake Pointe Rowlette TX
- SHIFT- Day 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - 2 Years of Experience
- PREFERRED EXPERIENCE - extensive sample collection experience for a wide range of sample types, have previous experience functioning in a Lead or supervisory capacity, have experience in working closely with non-lab clinical staff (nursing, patient care techs, etc.), and have a passion for educating and mentoring others. This position will primarily be a day shift position based at the main hospital, but will occasionally require shifting work hours and/or travel to other Lake Pointe Outpatient Service locations to provide sample collection training as needed.
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION - Phlebotomy Technician (PBT): Must have one of the following Phlebotomy certifications: -- CPT Phlebotomy Tech Certificate (NHA) -- NCPT Phlebotomy Technician (NCCT) -- PBT Phlebotomy Technician -- RPT Registered Phlebotomy Technician -- ASCP-Phlebotomy Technician.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!