• Complies with departmental, divisional and hospital policies and standards.
• Demonstrates awareness of the rising costs of healthcare and implements budgetary containment measures.
• Maintains equipment in its proper working condition; identifies malfunctioning equipment and takes appropriate action.
• Seeks and accepts constructive criticism and implements actions designed for self-improvement.
• Assists in the organization and operations of the unit via guidelines, policy, and procedures.
• Performs ordered 12-lead electrocardiogram as directed by RN (Emergency Department only)
6. May participate as a member of the Patient Care Delivery team that includes: Virtual Care RN, bedside RN & LPN.
7. Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
• Mature judgment and the ability to handle confidential information within AdventHealth guidelines and applicable regulations.
• Personal qualities such as kindness, compassion, understanding, integrity, respect, sense of humor, discretion and confidentiality.
• Ability to communicate verbally in English and in written form with persons of varied backgrounds in a respectful, effective, and professional manner.
• Ability to learn and apply computer related applications and programs, including using electronic keyboards and other peripheral devices.
• Critical thinking / problem solving skills
• Teamwork, tact, and conflict resolution
• Organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills
• Performs accurate documentation within the electronic medical record
• Basic computer skills
• Customer service skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• High school diploma or certificate of completion Nursing Assistant Program EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Medical terminology
• Previous CNA Experience
• Previous CPI training
• Previous 12 lead EKG experience (Emergency Department only)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• Florida (Multi-State) C.N.A. License
• BLS -condition of employment
• CPI within 6 months of employment (Emergency Department only)
The Certified Nursing Assistant under the supervision of the LPN and/or RN, provides physical care as part of the multidisciplinary team, in accordance with the Hospital mission, physician and patient expectations.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.