Location Address:7171 North Dale Mabry Highway Tampa, Florida 33614
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Carrollwood
Possible Sign-on Bonus up to $5,000.
Teamwork driven both inter Dept and multidisciplinary
Positive working climate to support a well-balanced work life balance
Full Time Days 40 Hours Per Week. 30 Minute Call required to include rotating weekends and holidays.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Certified Central Sterile Processing Technician minimum job requirements include:
sitting/standing for prolonged periods, frequently walking and reaching (overhead, extensive, and
repetitive). Proficient communicative, auditory, and visual skills are needed. Attention to detail
and ability to write legibly. Must have the ability to lift/push/pull greater than 35 pounds. May
be exposed to fumes, chemicals, cold, noise, radiation, blood / body fluids, and infectious
1. Decontaminates and sterilizes instruments, medical supplies, assembles, wraps, and sterilize trays of instruments. Follow proper standard precautions while in decontamination and sterilization areas.
2. Monitors biological and chemical wash solution to ensure quality and consistency for decontamination of instruments and medical equipment.
3. Sorts mismatched sets of instruments, trays, and medical equipment and makes them available for sterile processing in a timely matter.
4. Restocks, labels, and maintain inventory, collects and distributes instruments and trays.
5. Performs environmental maintenance duties and assist in maintaining inventory levels in sterile processing, the operating room, and in equipment storage areas.
6. Maintains a clean work area.
7. Assists with maintaining established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, and quality improvement, safety, and environmental and infection control standards.
8. Communicates appropriately using good interpersonal skills.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to demonstrate that she/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
· 1. Ability to read, write and communicate in English
· 2. Capable of lifting 35 lbs. independently
· 3. Prolonged standing
· 4. Ability to function independently.
· 5. Basic computer skills.
· 6. Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High School Graduate or Equivalent
· Central Sterile Processing w/Certification and or,
· Certified Sterile Technician
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· One year experience in processing and sterilization.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current status as a certified registered central service technician (CRCST). Completion of educational requirements to maintain certification.
· Successful completion of an approved central service technician course or competency certification through national organization (IAHCSMM or NICHSPDP).
· Basic Life Support ( BLS ) from an approved American Heart Association.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
FACILITY SPECIFIC SECTION
i.e. vision, values, etc
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable forconsistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of AdventHealth and its facilities.
Performs and participates in decontamination, cleaning, assembling, packing, scanning, sterilization, storage and distribution of reusable surgical instrumentation and equipment.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.