Location Address:3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
PRN Days. No Call. No Weekends.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
PERFORMS SUPPORTIVE PATIENT CARE FUNCTIONS:
· Assists in positioning, lifting, and restraining patients using appropriate safety precautions and body mechanics.
· Informs the appropriate nurse of requests, problems or concerns relating to the patient or pertaining to the perioperative environment.
· Provides for the patients’ needs based upon such factors as diagnosis, age, and cultural background. Patient population includes patients of all ages from newborns through the geriatric population.
· Assists anesthesiologist in setting up, and securing intravenous and/or intra-arterial lines pressure transducers.
· Assists the anesthesiologist or CRNA with the completion of accurate patient charges within appropriate time frame.
· Properly applies basic monitoring and assess proper functioning of the following: ECG, pulse
oximeter, automatic and manual blood pressure cuff, temperature probes, ETCO2 monitor, PNS monitors.
· Operates OR bed controls.
· Assembles IV, spinal and or epidural equipment.
· Takes and records vital signs; reports findings or abnormalities to the nurse.
· Assembles and delivers equipment and supplies for out of department procedures (e.g., MRI, radiology, litho, endo, etc.).
· Aware of location of crash cart and able to initiate CPR.
PERFORMS ENVIRONMENTAL FUNCTIONS
· Removes soiled instrumentation from the OR or other perioperative area and transports to Central Sterile Processing decontamination area.
· Appropriately bags/disposes of contaminated linen and waste, labeling according to policy
MAINTAINS ANESTHESIA EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES
· Provides anesthesia supplies (except medications) and equipment appropriate for the scheduled case.
· Changes circuits and suction container and tubing between cases.
· Cleans anesthesia equipment as appropriate when procedure is completed (including blood spills, etc.).
· Calibrates, troubleshoots and provides routine maintenance and care of anesthesia equipment.
· Identifies unsafe or defective instruments/equipment and implements appropriate corrective actions.
· Maintains PAR levels for anesthesia related supplies (excluding medications) in all perioperative areas and in anesthesia work room.
· Assists with inventory control of anesthesia products.
· Properly maintains the following equipment: gas machines, lines set-ups, warming blankets or devices, endotracheal tubes, fiber optic equipment, pulse oximeter, and TEE probes and machine.
COMPLIES WITH HOSPITAL STANDARDS
· Maintains confidentiality of patient and staff information, including written, verbal, and observed.
· Reviews hospital safety, infection control, risk management, and biohazardous waste programs annually and as indicated.
· Conforms to unit dress code.
· Utilizes time productively to accomplish duties in necessary time frame.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal instructions effectively.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Ability to demonstrate basic computer skills preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High school diploma or equivalent.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· IV Certification
· A minimum of six months experience in a perioperative setting preferred.
· Take responsibility for decisions, actions and results and deliver on commitments.
· Practice financial responsibility.
· Cooperate and collaborate with team members and others.
· Comply with the Employee Code of Conduct and all other Hospital Institutional Policies and Procedures.
· Demonstrate compliance with all federal, state and local laws; rules and government.
· Demonstrate effective communication skills with all team members, patients and families.
· Maintain satisfactory participation and attendance at required and non-required meetings and staff development programs.
· Promote evidence of adherence to the hospital confidentiality policy.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of Adventist Health System and its facilities.
Performs specific tasks or routines supportive to delivery of patient care in the assigned unit under the direction of a Registered Nurse in accordance with standards
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.