Under general supervision of the SPD Supervisor and/or Lead Tech, is responsible for decontamination, cleaning, processing and sterilization of instrumentation and equipment dispensed by the department following established infection control practices and guidelines. Willingness to accept new ideas, work under stressful conditions and ensures quality and safe delivery of care to patients of all ages.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Receives, cleans, and sterilizes instruments, equipment, treatment trays, or other items using sterilization method according to manufacturer guidelines. Adheres to prescribed procedures for sterility control; electronically records contents of each sterilizer load; regulates proper time and temperature; labels sterilized items according to prescribed procedures.
2. Disassembles and reassembles equipment and machinery. Checks instruments and equipment to ensure proper working condition; notifies supervisor/lead tech of equipment/instruments in need of repair or replacement. Tests sterilizing equipment, electronically records results, and notifies appropriate personnel of malfunctions or need for repairs/ maintenance.
3. Maintains a par level of all instruments and equipment in designated user areas, rewraps, sterilizes and restocks outdated items.
4. Maintains all records electronically pertinent to the sterile processing area. Performs other related duties, such as maintaining a clean and orderly work area.
Onboarding Process: Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. The level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of a High School Diploma.
2. Certification Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST)
3. Basic Computer Skills
4. Six months to a year experience working in Sterile Processing.
Primary Location: Worcester, Massachusetts
Facility: Saint Vincent Hospital
Job Type: PT1
Shift Type: Evening
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.