Sr. Nurse Epidemiologist - Full Time Day, Full Time.
Saint Luke's Healthcare System
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Type: Full Time
Hospital, Public and Private
Internal Number: JobReq0027158
Saint Luke’s Hospital in Kansas City, MO is seeking a Senior Nurse Epidemiologist to be a leader in promoting infection control standards, to meet regulatory and accreditation requirements. You will be responsible for mentoring others and will work with various leadership teams system wide.
This position will work as an infection preventionist and lead in planning, directing and management of the department and staff in infection control and infection prevention duties. This RN position is responsible for identifying trends, root causes, and identifying data driven solutions for infection control. The Nurse Epidemiologist is responsible for the prevention, identification, investigation, reporting, and control of health care associated infections (HAI).
· Responsible for continuous effective operation of the department for meeting regulatory requirements Federal, state, local and certifying accrediting bodies.
· Ensures compliance with hospital policy and procedures, for managing supplies and equipment in the department, for promoting teamwork with support personnel and health care providers, and for appropriate resource management.
· Performs root cause analysis to identify solutions and manages own dashboards.
· Coordinates all hospital infection control activities with the Infection Control Committee.
· Responsible for the development and performs activities that support the Infection Control Plan.
· Uses data to drive quality improvement efforts and contributes to the provision of a safe environment for patients, employees, and visitors.
We are seeking an experienced Registered Nurse with expertise and passion in infection control. To be successful, you will have to be a natural leader who can influence change and the change management process. We are seeking a problem solver who enjoys organizing data, relationship building and thrives in environments that embraces innovative ideas and solutions to solve challenges.
CIC Certified is preferred.
Why Saint Luke’s?
· Our leadership supports nurse engagement and allows their voices to be heard.
· We value our nurses’ knowledge, experience, and expertise to improve patient outcomes and quality care.
· The opportunity to make an impact on their unit, hospital, health system, and the healthcare industry.
· Strong nurse governance and we encourage all of our RNs to participate
· Various CEU, Continuing Education, Leadership and other career training available
· Career Advancement Program dedicated to RNs.
· Saint Luke’s offers competitive salaries and benefits packages to all eligible employees, click here to find out more.
Registered Nurse (MO) - National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NURSYS)
Bachelor's Degree (Required)
Day (United States of America)
The best place to get care. The best place to give care. Saint Luke’s 12,000 employees strive toward that vision every day. Our employees are proud to work for the only faith-based, nonprofit, locally owned health system in Kansas City. Joining Saint Luke’s means joining a team of exceptional professionals who strive for excellence in patient care. Do the best work of your career within a highly diverse and inclusive workspace where all voices matter.
Join the Kansas City region's premiere provider of health services. Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire only non-tobacco users.
Effective November 1st, 2021, full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for all Saint Luke’s Health System employees unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.