$5,000 Sign-on bonus and $3,000 Relocation available to eligible candidates (see terms below)
Location Address: 2200 Fowler Grove Boulevard Winter Garden, FL 34787
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Winter Garden
AdventHealth Winter Garden has operated since 2015 with our emergency room and ambulatory surgery center and we are currently expanding to add a 3-floor, 80-bed inpatient tower, becoming a full-service hospital to serve the community of Winter Garden. Our hospital tower expansion will open in May 2022!
The AdventHealth Winter Garden tower expansion will also include new ancillary and clinical spaces such as an expanded Surgery department, Inpatient Rehab, Inpatient Dialysis, Laboratory, and Imaging services.
AdventHealth Winter Garden is conveniently located in the Winter Garden Village, minutes from beautiful downtown Winter Garden and nearby Walt Disney World and the premier attractions of Orlando. Winter Garden is an amazing place to live and play!
The team here is dedicated to bringing exceptional mission-focused, faith-based care to residents and visitors of West Orange County.
We are proud to be revolutionizing health care in West Orange County and bringing this state-of-the-art care to its residents. Come join our team and be a part of delivering exemplary care for the mind, body, and spirit!
Brand new private rooms
State of the art equipment
Philips telemetry monitoring system
LENS (Learning and Engagement System) digital platform for high reliability transformation
Dedicated Orthopedic rehab space on unit
Dedicated Dialysis space on unit
*$5,000 Sign-on Bonus and $3,000 relocation bonus available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
Applicable experience required.
Full Time employment required.
Rehires within 12 months are not eligible
Internal Employees not eligible
Applicable experience required.
Must live 50 miles outside of campus address.
The Licensed Practical Nurse gives direct and indirect nursing care under the direction of a professional nurse and performs routine duties in caring for identified age specific groups (may include neonate to geriatric). Approaches patient care using the nursing process of planning, implementing and evaluating outcomes. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provides patient care appropriate to age, mobility, acuity and culture. Assists with physician exams and data gathering. Participates in obtaining a nursing history. Performs physical exam on admission and throughout shift including physical, mental, social and spiritual Participates in education and discharge planning using established education materials.
· Performs and legibly documents basic nursing procedures and medication administration
· Collaborates with RN and makes appropriate nursing decisions and interventions. Interprets diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition. Recognizes and reports problems.
· Supervises other healthcare team members in the clinical environment. Utilizes knowledge base to assist with orientation, training and education of new personnel.
· Promotes a safe environment. Takes appropriate action in emergency situations, demonstrates awareness and control of hazards which may endanger patients, visitors and employees, identifies and reports environmental concerns to the management team. Ensures adherence to appropriate regulatory standards and AdventHealth policy and procedure.
· Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs hand washing according to policy and enforces safety regulations. Strictly adheres to all infection control practices
· Participates in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department. Adheres to all policies and procedures.
· Maintains professional competency by participating in continuing education and appropriate learning experiences both internal and external. Attends pertinent conferences.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Articulates comprehensive knowledge of general nursing theory and specialty nursing theory and practice for all age groups.
· Computer knowledge and skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Graduate of a school of practical nursing.
· Successful completion of state recognized 30-hour IV therapy course.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Experience in the clinical setting related to area of specialty
· Experience with cardiac monitoring and rhythm interpretation
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Licensed Practical Nurse
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.