Helping people feel better isnâ��t just about the treatment we give â�� the relationships we create and the compassion we share are just as important. Carondelet hospitals make a difference in the lives of our communities and the lives of those we work alongside every day. We know it takes a special person to work in healthcare, and we are committed to providing our people with an enriching and rewarding environment.
From your first day, youâ��ll be part of a group of some of the most talented nursing professionals united in a common goal to care for those in our community. Ready to work with awe-inspiring teammates who are dedicated to making a difference? Join us in going above and beyond.
Nurse Tech OR Full Time Evenings Position Summary
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) provides specific nursing care under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). The PCT is required to provide an excellent patient experience consistent with Relationship-Based Care. Prepare hospital room for new admission. Anticipate patient needs. Respond to patient requests in a timely and appropriate manner. Perform patient rounding according to unit-specific guidelines. Provide care that is intentional and patient-focused. Ensure that environment is orderly and comfortable. Approach patients and families with compassion and offer emotional support. Demonstrate courtesy, respect, and professionalism. Recognize and respect cultural and spiritual differences and demonstrate culturally competent care. Works in a secure department with access to areas where medications are stored.
1. Provide specific nursing care under the direction of an RN or LPN and ensure that activities of daily living are provided; including hygiene, mobility, and feeding.
2. Measure and record vital signs. Monitor and record intake and output measurement.
3. Measure oxygenation with pulse oximetry.
4. Obtain weight using standing, sling, bed, or chair scale.
5. Report patient complaints of pain.
6. Report observations of changes in patientâ��s conditions such as vital signs and level of consciousness to an RN or LPN in a timely manner.
7. Perform or assist with bathing, oral/denture care and shampooing.
8. Observe for changes in skin integrity and ensure that patients receive adequate position changes to prevent skin breakdown.
9. Measure for, apply, and remove anti-embolism stockings.
10. Apply and remove sequential-compression devices.
11. Apply and remove Buckâ��s traction after initial application by RN or PT.
12. Provide care, as directed by the RN/LPN according to the SKIN bundle.
13. Implement fall prevention interventions as directed by the RN/LPN.
14. Collect and accurately label patient specimens at the patient bedside. Collect urine specimens from urinary catheters using aseptic technique.
15. Perform fingerstick blood glucose measurements.
16. Assist with or feed patients unable to feed themselves. Monitor intake. Assist with food delivery and tray pick-up.
17. Assist with elimination by offering appropriate toileting in a timely manner.
18. Perform bladder scans for bladder volume.
19. Insert single or double lumen urinary catheters that are packaged as closed systems. Hang un-medicated continuous bladder infusion solutions and record amount infused and output.
20. Administer un-medicated enemas.
21. Apply cardiac monitoring equipment. Perform 12-lead ECGs.
22. Place and apply select dressings as directed by an RN/LPN. Remove dressings as directed. Empty and measure drainage from wound drains.
23. Maintain established departmental policies and procedures, safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
Accurately observe, collect, identify, and document data on appropriate form in a timely manner. Report information to RN. Use acceptable abbreviations and terminology. Documentation must be legible.
Level 2 â�� Proficient (in addition to above duties):
24. Participate in the transport of patients on cardiac monitors, as directed by an RN/LPN, once deemed competent in basic rhythm recognition.
25. Perform venipuncture for blood collection after receiving specific venipuncture training.
Level 3 â�� Subject Matter Expert (in addition to above duties):
26. Assist physician with examinations, procedures, and other direct patient care as directed.
27. Serve as a preceptor for new PCTs, PCT trainees, and NAâ��s.
THE NURSE TECH OR FULL TIME EVENINGS CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING EDUCATION, LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE.
Required: Certifications dependent on department, as noted in Attachment A Preferred: Current CNA Licensure.
Required: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (G.E.D.). Has completed PCT training, CNA training or equivalent training program.
Preferred: Knowledge of hospital environment desired. Previous hospital and/or health care related experience preferred.
Job: Nursing Assistants and PCA
Primary Location: Tucson, Arizona
Facility: Carondelet St. Mary's Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Evening
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.