All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
The community you’ll be caring for:
1000 Waterman Way, Tavares, 32778
The role you’ll contribute:
The Radiology Nurse is responsible for the delivery of coordinated nursing care for a patient or an assigned group of patients within the Imaging department This position requires intimate knowledge of both departmental and hospital policies and procedures relating to the field of Interventional and diagnostic radiology as well as routine nursing procedures. Uses the nursing skills of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation in their patient care delivery. Primary function is the delivery of competent, compassionate, and cost effective nursing care while the patient is in the Imaging department. This performance is in compliance with established policies, procedures and protocols under the supervision of the Imaging Manager, Director and VP of Operations.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assist physicians performing procedures:
· Prepping and draping the patient if needed.
· Passing instruments, guide wires, catheters, etc. if needed.
· Monitoring patient blood pressure, Oxygen levels and pulse as directed by physician.
· Maintains integrity and sterility of equipment and supplies throughout the procedure.
· Recognizes and communicates any changes in patient condition to the physician during the procedure.
· Documents accurate and pertinent data concerning the patient’s condition during the procedure, and reports data to appropriate person.
· Prepares patient in a timely fashion and notifies physician promptly.
· Demonstrates a working knowledge of drugs commonly used in the Imaging department for special procedures.
· Utilizes knowledge and skills in giving safe and effective patient care:
· Identifies the total needs of the patients.
· Ensures proper procedure and precautions are followed.
· Plans for and maintains a clean, orderly, and safe environment for the patient.
· Carries out those activities delegated by the physician, which concern medications, treatment, and diagnostic measures.
· Monitors patients who are transported to the department for routine procedures in order to maintain continuation of care to the patient while in the Imaging department.
· Documentation of patient care:
o Prepares designated forms and records pertinent information of records.
o Documents accurate and pertinent data concerning the patient’s condition during procedure and reports to the appropriate person.
o Prepares patients, assists in the informed consent process and side site verification.
o Facilitates implementation of physician’s orders accurately, promptly, and courteously.
· Infection control procedures:
o Cares for specimens properly and handles their disposal correctly.
o Adheres to approved standards of aseptic technique during special procedures, utilizing equipment and supplies in a safe and prudent manner.
· Transportation of patients:
o Transports patients and accepts patients into the department to establish good handoffs between departments/units
o Gives report to attending nurse on the unit after the completion of special procedures.
o Moves, lifts and assists patients appropriately to procedure table and provides for maximum privacy during procedure.
· Radiation safety:
o Demonstrates and practices proper protection measures to ensure radiation safety to self, fellow employees, visitors and physicians.
· Supply management:
o Assists with ordering and stocking procedure rooms with supplies and equipment necessary to perform all special procedures in the Imaging departments.
o Prepares and verifies daily the function of equipment necessary to the department such as Pulse oximeter, and code cart.
o Returns all contaminated/soiled supplies according to procedure when applicable.
o Utilizes supplies in a cost-effective manner
· Assists staff technologist and radiologist in procedure room as necessary.
· Make sound judgments in referring situations beyond his/her ability and /or scope of practice to the proper person.
· Communicates effectively and frequently with team members to share information and solve problems in a positive manner as observed by manager/director
· Availability of services:
o May be required to work longer than regularly scheduled shift when situation requires
o May be required to assist in areas other than regularly assigned areas as needed
· Function in accordance with specific policies and procedures within the scope of services for all patient populations unless specified otherwise; adolescent, adult, and geriatric for the Imaging department and upon the order of the medical staff.
· Performs other tasks and related duties as assigned.
· Frequent independent judgment is required.
· Must be able to handle clinical situations requiring use of sound professional judgment and critical-thinking skills.
· This includes clinical assessment, data, and patient response.
· The employee is responsible for providing quality patient care.
· Must be able to continuously prioritize multiple duties.
· Must be able to function in a calm and professional manner during stressful situations.
· Assessment, reassessment and critical-thinking skills must be utilized in dealing with changes in patient outcomes.
· Demonstrates sound professional judgment with confrontational and conflicting issues presented by patients, families, peers, physicians, and other departments on an ongoing basis
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a minimum of an Associate of Science degree.
· Internship and/or preceptor ship required dependent upon nursing experience.
· Unit specific competency must be met per orientation pathways.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· One-year hospital experience preferred, with experience in Radiology preferred.
· Experience in a critical care unit preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required.
· Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is required.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.