Start the day excited to make a difference...end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.
This position is responsible for nursing services in a physician office practice to control patient flow for physician, obtain and document patient vitals, perform EKG strips, and other nursing duties as assigned. The incumbent in this position will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Mary Washington Healthcare.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provides high level general nursing care to patients to include obtaining and documenting patient vitals (height, weight, BP).
- Assists Physician, Physician Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner with examinations, diagnostic procedures and treatments.
- Ensures adequate materials and supplies are available at all times.
- Provides patient and family education as appropriate.
- Responds to and provides guidance for return calls to patients for patient treatment related phone inquiries.
- Ensures patient appointments are assigned according to risk and severity.
- Maintains/reviews patient charts, records and other pertinent documents and reports.
- Receives and addresses patient concerns, identifies areas of corrective action or policy change as needed, and implements changes necessary across all staff.
- Establishes and maintains high standard for customer satisfaction and customer service.
- Utilizes Electronic Medical Records systems in place in office.
- Works with third party payors to obtain authorization/pre-certification for surgeries, diagnostic testing, and other procedures ordered by physician.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Valid RN License from Virginia or reciprocal compact state required.
- Experience working in a Physician Office preferred
- Previous experience with practice specialty preferred.
- One year clinical nursing experience required.
- Must have knowledge of policies and procedures related to infection control, environmental safety and patient confidentiality.
- Excellent public relations and communications skills.
- Medical Terminology knowledge preferred
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.