Suffern, New York
Syracuse, New York
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Blue Springs, Mississippi
Durham, North Carolina
Syracuse, New York
- Current licensure as an Occupational Therapist in the state where the hospital is located.
- Previous experience in all aspects of occupational therapy preferred, but not required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English with additional languages preferred
- Current CPR/BLS certification.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean and wears appropriate identification while on duty
- Completes annual health, safety, and education requirements. Maintains professional growth and development.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and/or employee information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population served.
- Reports to work on time as scheduled; adheres to policies regarding notification of absence.
- Attends all mandatory in-services and staff meetings.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, ethics, and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department.
- Maintains current licensure/certification for position, if applicable.
- Consistently demonstrates Guest Relation's skills to patients, physicians, visitors, employees, and any other individuals with whom they may come in contact.
- Consistently follows departmental and hospital Health, Safety, Security, Hazardous Materials policies and procedures.
- Participates and contributes to performance improvement initiatives within the hospital and department
- HIPAA: Conduct job responsibilities in accordance with HIPAA privacy laws, follow hospital policy in provision of patient confidentiality. Able to identify patient confidentiality issues and reports to proper hospital personnel immediately.
- Compliance: Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with standards set forth in Kindred's Code of Conduct, Kindred policy and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable standards.
- Takes responsibility for being accountable, doing what is expected or beyond; assuring what needs to get done, and gets done.
- Takes ownership of all aspects of duties shown through reliable, timely performance and accountability.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Knowledge of equipment utilized in the diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of Occupational Therapy.
- Knowledge of therapy equipment operation, maintenance, and ability to report the need for repairs.
- Must be able to determine appropriate patient procedures and evaluate results.
- Ability to maintain control and respond calmly and positively during crisis situations (i.e., Codes).
- Appropriate telephone communication skills.
Physical and Safety Requirements:
- Good general health and stress coping ability
- Full mobility and ability to participate in vigorous activity
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with all constituents (patients, families, peers, and other healthcare team members)
- Possess near vision acuity for accurate reading of equipment and recording in patient medical record
- Must be physically able to lift, support and move patients.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising patient care