Location: Chandler, Arizona
|Dignity Health East Valley Rehabilitation Hospital is a joint venture operation and free-standing Post-Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospital between Dignity Health and Kindred Healthcare. Our two-story, 58,000-square-foot facility includes a stroke unit, therapy gym and 50 beds to serve patients recovering from significant neurological injury, illness and trauma and similar medical conditions. |
The cook prepares, seasons and cooks food for hospital patients, staff and visitors and also act as a lead in the department. Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized kitchen and adhering to food safety requirements.
- Ensures meals are ready at the specified times and tests foods being cooked to ensure proper seasoning etc.
- Consults with the Registered Dietitian on modified diets, as necessary.
- Supervises Nutritional Services workers when washing, trimming or preparing food.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to approved recipes, using blenders, mixers, grinders, slicers, etc.
- Makes sauces, soups, stews, casseroles and desserts meeting established dietary guidelines.
- Cooks meat, fish and poultry in a variety of ways such as baking, roasting, broiling and steaming.
- Maintains kitchen in a clean, neat and organized manner and adheres to all infection control policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean and wears appropriate identification while on duty
- Completes annual health, safety, and education requirements. Maintains professional growth and development.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and/or employee information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population served.
- Reports to work on time as scheduled; adheres to policies regarding notification of absence.
- Attends all mandatory in-services and staff meetings.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, ethics, and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department.
- Maintains current licensure/certification for position, if applicable.
- Consistently demonstrates Guest Relation's skills to patients, physicians, visitors, employees, and any other individuals with whom they may come in contact.
- Consistently follows departmental and hospital Health, Safety, Security, Hazardous Materials policies and procedures.
- HIPAA: Conduct job responsibilities in accordance with HIPAA privacy laws, follow hospital policy in provision of patient confidentiality. Able to identify patient confidentiality issues and reports to proper hospital personnel immediately.
- Compliance: Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with standards set forth in Kindred's Code of Conduct, Kindred policy and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable standards.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Knowledge of equipment utilized.
- Appropriate telephone communication skills.
Physical and Safety Requirements:
- Good general health and stress coping ability. Position requires long periods of standing. Normal walking, , sitting, bending, carrying of items such as trays, boxes and dishes, food items and misc. other kitchen equipment. Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with all constituents (patients, families, peers, and other healthcare team members) as needed for leadership, assessment, intervention, and professional development.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising patient care.
- Do the Right Thing Always
- Reflect integrity and virtue in your actions
- Take personal responsibility and accountability for one's role and actions
- Be honest and transparent in everything you do
- Stay Focused on the Patient
- Be a passionate advocate for your patients
- Create the best patient and family experience possible
- Prioritize excellent patient care delivery above all else
- Support caregivers to deliver the best patient outcomes
| || |
- Listen with empathy, act with humility and compassion
- Identify and address the needs of others
- Approach each situation with an open heart and open mind
- Provide genuine recognition and feedback to others
| || |
- Challenge yourself and others to be better than yesterday
- Take pride in your work
- Appropriately challenge the status quo
- Be relentless in delivering on commitments
- Respect Individuality to Create the Team
- Appreciate and leverage the differences and uniqueness of each individual
- Listen to others and objectively consider ideas and opinions even when they conflict with your own
- Recognize and support the value and contributions others bring to the team
- Create Fun in What you Do
- Celebrate all successes, no matter how minor
- Give those around you permission to have fun
- Recognize the good work being done around you
- Start each day with a positive mindset
- Engage and personally connect with others
OSHA Exposure Determination:
- A key element for a successful Exposure Control Plan is to identify situations that place all employees at risk for exposure. To facilitate this, the Hospital maintains a list of job classifications and contact status for all employees in which employees have occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens. This position has been identified as Category II: Employees who rarely have contact with blood or body fluids and have no contact with used sharps.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Prior food service or customer service experience with cooking experience preferred.
- Prior healthcare experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.