CV Tech II AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
7315 E Frontage Road, Merriam, KS 66204
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits available Day One
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite childcare center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
Full Time Days
Monday – Friday
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, and performs hand hygiene according to accepted standards of care. Identifies and prepares patient using aseptic technique as dictated by procedure ordered. Demonstrates awareness of hazards which may endanger patients. Ensures adherence to regulatory standards and enforces safety regulations. Annually meets all required department specific competencies.
- Verifies orders and facilitates implementation, communicating with physicians as needed. Performs treatments according to policy and training. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies. Evaluates effectiveness of interventions. Performs within the bounds of applicable scope of practice for Cardiovascular Interventional technologists. Facilitates timely patient throughput.
- Produces an accurately written, promptly completed medical record for each patient based on the scope and complexity of the intervention procedure and patient clinical conditions. Maintains authenticity and security of the record, and follows prescribed process for amending documents.
- Responsible and accountable for participation in quality and performance improvement activities with the goal to improve patient outcomes. Accurately documents and monitors activities as needed. Participates in unit/service line budgeting processes to ensure a cost effective, quality focused environment. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department.
What You Will Need:
- American Heart Association Health Care BLS
- American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 6 months of hire
- Associate’s Degree or Graduate of a Technical School
- 2+ years Position Related Experience or 1 year Electrophysiology experience
- Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) OR
- Registered Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) and Kansas Licensed Radiologic Technologist (LRT) OR
- Kansas Registered Nurse License and Kansas Licensed Radiologic Technologist (LRT) OR
- Licensed RRT, RCIS (Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist) or RCES (Registered Cardiovascular Electrophysiology Specialist) by Cardiovascular Credentialing International or RN with RCES or RN
Under the direction of a cardiologist or vascular surgeon, the cath lab technologist II performs cardiology and all vascular procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail. The Cath Lab Technologist II performs a variety of cardiovascular technical procedures that require independent judgment with ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiologic diagnosis. In addition, the Cath Lab technologist II is trained and/or certified by appropriate institutions to load TAVR valves, to scrub, monitor and circulate in TAVR cases, PFO/ASD, mitral clip, LAA, and other structural heart procedures andThe Cath Lab Technologist II is also trained to perform advanced vascular cases inclusive of peripheral and EVAR or is trained to function in all advanced electrophysiology roles. The Cath Lab Technologist II possess the knowledge and demonstrates leadership skills to train and educate others on the team to advance their skill set to adopt to these technologies.
A four-week notice is required for the resignation/transfer, as well as any change in employment status resulting in decreased hours worked. Able to take call as required by department/hospital and responds in hospital within 30 minutes.