Location: North Smithfield, Rhode Island
Up to $3,000 Sign-on Bonus for Full-Time!
- 11:00pm - 7:00am full-time, part-time, per diem
The Rehabilitation Hospital of Rhode Island in North Smithfield, Rhode Island is a joint venture between Kindred Healthcare and Landmark Medical Center. Many of the patients we serve have experienced stroke, brain and spinal-cord injuries, amputations, complex orthopedic injuries and other conditions requiring inpatient rehabilitative services. Our goal is to help patients achieve their highest level of recovery with a goal of returning home as soon as able.
You have specialized skills and our patients in the North Smithfield area need them! If you are an enthusiastic individual seeking an environment dedicated to superior patient care and an organization with a strong mission to serve our community, we invite you to apply!
Assist nursing staff with patients' personal care, emotional support, and activities of daily living. More complex duties performed under supervision of licensed nursing personnel.
- Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for patient's age.
- Provides morning care which may include bed bath, shower or whirlpool, oral hygiene, combing hair, back care, changing bed linens, cleaning over bed table and bedside stand, straightening room and other general care as necessary throughout the day.
- Provides evening care which includes hands/face washing as needed, oral hygiene, back rubs, peri-care, freshening linen, cleaning over bed tables, straightening room and other general care as needed.
- Notifies appropriate licensed personnel when patient complains of pain.
- Prepares patients for meals; serves and removes food trays and assists with meals or feeds patients if necessary.
- Distributes drinking water and other nourishments to patients.
- Answers patient call lights, anticipates patient's needs and makes rounds to assigned patients.
- Assists patients with the handling of personal property: dentures, glasses, contact lenses, hearing aids, prosthetic devices, etc.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Transports patients to and from various departments in the hospital.
- Reports and, when appropriate, records any changes observed in condition or behavior of patients and unusual incidents.
- Assists in the preparation of admissions, transfers and discharge of patients.
- Assists licensed nursing staff with treatment procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to revise plan of care as indicated by the patient's response to treatment and evaluate overall plan daily for effectiveness.
- Integrates the plan of care with Rehabilitation Services treatment plan to attain patient's optimal level of functioning.
- Provides general nursing care: positioning patients, lifting and turning patients, applying/utilizing special equipment, assisting patients with the bedpan, commode; assists ambulating patients. Uses correct body mechanics.
- Checks patient for reddened areas or skin breakdown and reports to licensed nursing staff.
- Obtains and records temperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure, weight, intake and output.
- Makes rounds with oncoming shift to ensure the unit is left in good condition.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to nurse, supervisor, co-workers, physicians and the Rehabilitation Services staff.
- Consults other departments, as appropriate, to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient's needs.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity; ensures patient confidentiality.
- Practices careful, efficient and non-wasteful use of supplies and linens and follows established charge procedures for patient charge items.
- Follows infection control procedures. Keeps the unit clean and organized.
- Meets current documentation standards and policies.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Response to the patient is appropriate in emergency or physically distressful situation.
- Performs other duties as assigned within the nurse assistant's scope of practice.
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of course for nursing assistants
- Current state certification as a Nursing Assistant
- CPR/BCLS Certification
- Minimum six months experience in an acute or long term facility preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Rehabilitation Hospital of Rhode Island prides itself in rewarding its employees with a comprehensive, competitive benefits packet designed to provide employees with the flexibility to tailor benefits according to their needs. Our wealth of resources and programs include:
- Affordable medical, dental and vision plans provided to meet the needs of full employees and their families
- Up to 20 days of PTO for full time employees
- 6 paid holidays for full time employees
- Tuition reimbursement, continuing education opportunities and apprenticeship programs for eligible employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts
Salary: $16 - $25 / hour
- We would expect those hired into this job would be paid within this hourly rate, however, certain circumstances may allow us to pay outside of this hourly rate
Lifepoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.