**$2000 Sign-on Bonus for external candidates**
This position is full-time with excellent hourly compensation, benefits within 30 days that include PTO, paid holidays, annual bonus potential, annual reviews, tuition reimbursement, mileage reimbursement at 65.5 per along with opportunities for continued career progression! All clinical licensures and required CEU costs are covered.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The LVN for the Mobile Team performs a variety of healthcare screening activities to assist providers in conducting quality clinics, including administering injections, diagnostic testing, phlebotomy, quality surveys and various other procedures. Delivers exceptional customer service and maintains established quality control standards. This position will work directly with our quality mobile team, contracted physician groups and staff in the respective markets as assigned.
- Reviews the patient history in ePRG for contraindications to FOC screening procedures
- Rooms patients according to company standards
- Performs all nursing care duties within the scope of a Licensed Practical Nurse, including DPN testing, Quantaflo testing, spirometry testing, administration of the PHQ9, DRE examinations, phlebotomy, administration of FOBT/FIT tests, scheduling mammograms or colonoscopies as appropriate, and schedules patient return visit to provider’s office
- Organizes, cleans and stocks assigned FOC equipment and lab supplies as needed to bring with him/her to all field visits
- Communicates patient concerns, inability to collect FOC tests, and observed patient issues to the WellMed ARNP if present, or the delegated clinical representative in the provider’s office at the time of the patient screening
- Completing FOC skills assessments of providers as needed
- Completing all patient packets and testing procedures in a timely manner and ensuring that those results are submitted to the proper person within the PSU and a copy is left with the delegate at the provider’s office
- Organizes the clinical environment in patient care situations
- Assisting the ARNP, including those skills listed under Job Functions below along with various other procedures as directed by the ARNP
- Completes FOC screenings and documents those results on the encounter form
- Communicate data to the ARNP or other specified members of the clinical team within the provider’s office as needed
- Delivers quality customer service. Ensures policy and procedures are followed including infection control, privacy and confidentiality
- Performs all duties within the scope of an LPN, including Focus on Care screenings, phlebotomy, and collection of vital signs
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent or higher
- Current Practical Nurse License in applicable state
- BLS or CPR within 30 days of hire
- 1+ years of related LPN clinical experience
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and ICD-9 and CPT coding
- Computer literacy required with ability to complete basic Excel spreadsheets
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Preferred Qualifications:
- 3+ years of LPN experience in a medical setting
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign-On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign-On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.