Location: Dallas, Texas
Internal Number: REQ-020001
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
ProPath is a nationwide, physician-led, established, and successful anatomic and clinical pathology group and a member of Sonic Healthcare USA. We are seeking an exceptional Cytotechnologist to join our thriving practice. The ProPath practice alone has over 50 physicians and nearly 550 team members while Sonic Healthcare USA has over 300 physicians and nearly 8,000 team members. This is the largest physician-led pathology practice in the country.
***Offering Competitive Sign On Bonus***
Location: Dallas, Texas 75247
Days: Monday - Friday
Hours: 8-hour shift with start time between 7:00 AM - 9:30 AM
Full-time: Benefit Eligible
Salary Range: $65K - $80K
As a Cytotechnologist, you will be responsible for microscopic examination and reporting results of routine Gynecologic and Non-Gynecologic cytology specimens. Our Cytotechnologists use scientific rules and methods to solve problems. The ideal candidate will possess critical thinking, complex problem-solving, judgment, and decision-making skills. Cytotechnologists at ProPath play a crucial role in the early detection and treatment of illnesses.
CLIA Required Cytotechnologist Job Responsibilities:
42 CFR Ch. IV (10-1-13 Editions)
- 493.1485 Standard; Cytotechnologist responsibilities
The cytotechnologist is responsible for documenting--
(a) The slide interpretation results of each gynecologic and non-gynecologic cytology case he or she examined or reviewed (as specified in SS493.1257(d));
(b) For each 24-hour period, the total number of slides examined or reviewed in the laboratory as well as the total number of slides examined or reviewed in any other laboratory or for any other employer; and
- The number of hours spent examining in each 24-hour period.
Additional Cytotechnologist Responsibilities:
- Follow the laboratory's procedures for handling, processing, screening reporting, and maintaining records of patient test results.
- Adhere to all quality control/quality assurance policies and procedures. Document all quality control activities.
- Document the slide interpretation results of each gynecologic and non-gynecologic cytology case examined.
- Document for each 24-hour period, the total number of slides examined or reviewed in the laboratory or for any other employer.
- Document the number of hours spent examining slides in each 24-hour period.
- Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of results.
- Document all corrective actions are taken.
- Assist, when needed, in the proper storage and maintenance of all cytology records.
EDUCATION AND KNOWLEDGE:
Must have CT(ASCP) or HHS registry. New graduates must have a four-year B.S. degree in addition to the cytology registry. Certification by the International Academy of Cytology (IAC) is recommended, but not required.
Preferred one year of experience as a cytotechnologist. Will accept new graduates with CT(ASCP) registration and a four-year B.S. degree.
COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
Highly complex. Must have good knowledge of Gynecologic cytology. Good knowledge of non-Gynecologic cytology is desired. Good knowledge of liquid-based pap smears is desired.
Sonic Anatomic Pathology
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
ProPath Services, LLC
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.