The Licensed Practical Nurse will be working daytime hours at an On-Site employee clinic, Monday through Friday, daytime hours. The LPN is responsible for ensuring the well-being of patients and providing a positive, supportive environment for patients and other staff while working in conjunction with , advanced practitioners, front office and clinical staff.
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring and Friendly
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communications that are clear, well-organized and demonstrate an understanding of audience needs
- Utilizes genuine and positive communication to make each patient feel informed, understood and special
- An effective team member who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion
- Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success and can be counted on to complete goals
- Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance
- On-Site Solutions clinical team members including providers and non-providers
- On-Site Solutions Administrative clinical partners
- External care services within vicinity of the On-Site
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Patient Care (75%):
- Assesses, screens, triages and performs treatments ordered for patients
- Performs medical treatments as ordered by provider or established MedExpress standing orders
- Assists the provider with examinations, procedures and other duties
- Oversees and coordinates the daily patient care flow; assists and participates in all aspects of patient care for all patients within the center
- Assists patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen collection, exam preparation, etc.
- Applies the use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions and approaches to problems
- Prioritizes and multitasks to optimize patient experience
- Ensures the well-being of patients and provides a positive, supportive environment for patients and other staff
- Completes patient referrals daily
- Assists the provider with calling patients and informing them of normal lab and imaging results reviewed by the provider
- Proper, concise and complete EMR documentation and paper based documentation for all assessments and procedures
- Complies with and follows policies and procedures as outlined by MedExpress
- Maintains HIPAA at all times
- Performs biometric visits including testing, documentation and patient education of at risk biometrics
- Other duties as assigned such as new models of care and new types of procedures, etc.
- Learning and Ongoing Education (15%):
- Maintains skills and competency for all procedures
- Maintains technical skills and applies new knowledge to position according to MedExpress policy
- Maintains knowledge of Medical Terminology and standards of nursing care
- Maintains knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment
- Reads and keeps up-to-date on all ME Communications
- Completes all assigned training
- Center Readiness and Maintenance (10%):
- Assists in maintaining all quality control, clinic inspection and machine maintenance on a daily basis and reports any and all discrepancies appropriately
- Manages inventory of supplies; restocks exam/procedure rooms
- Complies with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, CLIA and Department of Health)
- Maintains and complies with all MedExpress, Optum and Urgent Care Accreditation site assessment requirements
- Maintains clinical supplies and equipment and ensures proper storage of biohazards
- Prepares patient rooms; sets up instruments and equipment according to protocol
- Cleans exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control
- Cleans according to scheduled maintenance program and keeping appropriate records
- Participates in clinic accreditation programs and surveys. Helps to coordinate the exchange of relevant patient information within the guidelines of HIPPA with local healthcare organizations and obtaining/analyzing performance data
- Participates in quality improvement projects to include the following topics: patient/primary care provider relationship, accessibility to care, comprehensiveness of care, continuity and/or coordination of care and clinical study
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Licensed Practical Nursing with current state licensure
- Maintain CME’s as applicable for licensure
- CPR certification
- 3+ years of clinical experience in related field
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations including OSHA and HIPAA requirements
- Knowledge of computerized information systems (EMR) used in clinical management settings
- Perform duties in accordance with the customary rules of ethics and conduct of the applicable State Board of Nursing and other such regulating bodies
- Ability to perform venipuncture and lab specimen collections
- Able to meet the needs of the patient by processing requests and referrals, providing efficient follow up with the patient, pharmacy or other entity, as needed
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Solid commitment to Customer Service and Excellence in healthcare
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- On-Site Solutions-based. Requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogenss. Also requires: travel to other On-Site Solutions/Centers, the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements and ability to lift 50 lbs.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Proof of immunity to vaccine-preventable diseases is an employment requirement.