Location: Eatontown, New Jersey
Internal Number: REQ-021548
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Quality is in our DNA -- is it in yours?
You are a superhero when it comes to patient specimens. You've got problem-solving instincts, a passion for patient care, and the drive to keep things running smoothly. You're also looking for great benefits, the support of an all-star team, and an opportunity to grow your career.
Join our front line of #HealthcareHeroes! Our mission is to advance the health and wellbeing of our communities as a leader in clinical laboratory solutions.
Location: Eatontown, NJ
Days: Monday - Friday
Hours: 10:00 P.M. - 6:30 A.M.
Full-time: Benefit Eligible
In this role, you will:
Responsible for correlating incoming specimens with the attached case manifest and requisition/demographics; patient name, test ordered, and applicable medical insurance information. This position requires effective prioritization, time management, communication and organizational abilities. This individual will be responsible for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Document, on the original case requisition, directions as to where the specimen must be forwarded based on insurance and test(s) ordered.
- For cases needing to be forwarded to another lab, transfer information from our requisition to the appropriate requisition based on insurance capitation, or utilize LifePoint software to generate the appropriate requisition. Transfer must be flawless and extremely legible. This task is extremely critical and accuracy cannot be jeopardized under any circumstances.
- Ensure all information is correct and kept with appropriate specimens.
- Develop the daily log that the couriers must sign.
- Develop the daily logs that must be sent to each client who has specimens forwarded - fax/e-mail log daily or weekly, depending on the client.
- Handle supply orders or pick-up requests for doctor's offices.
- Organize filing and file reports appropriately.
- Organize and prioritize assigned work in conjunction with other assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Work and perform in a positive and effective manner with pathologists, management, and co-workers in other departments.
- Provide top level customer service to patients and clients.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality
- Complies with all State, Federal, professional regulations as well as company and departmental rules, polices, and procedural manuals
- Adherence to HIPAA, Safety and OSHA Regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned
All you need is:
- High School education or equivalent; college degree in related field preferred
Bonus points if you've got:
- Prior laboratory experience strongly preferred
Sonic Anatomic Pathology
We'll give you:
- Appreciation for your work
- A feeling of satisfaction that you've helped people
- Opportunity to grow in your profession
- Free lab services for you and your dependents
- Work-life balance, including Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Competitive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Help saving for retirement, with a 401(k) plus a company match
- A sense of belonging - we're a community!
We also want you to know:
This role will have routine access to Protected Health Information (PHI). Employees will be trained on reasonable safeguards and are expected to maintain strict confidentiality, as well as abide by all applicable privacy and security standards. Employees are expected only to access PHI when it is required to fulfill job duties.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Pathology Solutions LLC
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.