Location: Suffern, New York
The Radiology Technologist is responsible for performing diagnostic imaging for the orthopedic practice. This position assures proper quality of images for each radiologic procedure.
- Performs various diagnostic radiographic images.
- Follows precise procedures for exposure, positioning, and safety of patients.
- Obtains proper patient/image requisition identification to assure appropriateness of procedure.
- Conducts patient/family education relevant to identified needs.
- Maintains accurate patient records for all procedures performed, maintains patient confidentiality, and adheres to all HIPPA standards.
- Charges procedures and supplies used to patient record.
- Operates all x-ray equipment, computers, phones, and fax machines.
- Provides care appropriate to the age of the patients.
- Assesses data reflective of the patient's status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age, specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintains required CE's as needed for licensure.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
1-2 years of relevant experience preferred.
Graduate of an approved school of Radiology. Valid NY State RT License.
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group, part of Bon Secours Charity Health Systems (BSCHS), a regional network of more than 120 primary care physicians and specialists from a broad array of medical specialties. BSCHS, a member of WMCHealth Network, includes Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY and St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY.