Location: Valhalla, New York
Salary Range: $47/hr
The Echo Tech manages patient stress by patiently explaining exam procedures, answering questions and providing ambulatory assistance.The incumbent positions patients, applies medical gels and electrodes, connects and adjusts equipment and verifies wave signals. The Echo Tech also produces high-quality imaging by accurately positioning transducer, monitoring display, listening to signals, adjusting beam strength and focus, detecting artifacts that mimic abnormalities, and recording images.
- The ability to perform ICAEL standard adult echocardiograms and adult stress echo.
- Performs echocardiograms in a timely manner.
- The ability to recognize cardiac pathology.
- Adheres to and practices appropriate Infection Control Policies and Procedures. Responsible for maintaining current licensure/certification/CME requirements as well as assume the responsibility for on-going professional development.
- The ability to interact and communicate with physicians, cardiology fellows, management and fellow employees in a way that promotes teamwork and a productive working environment.
- The ability to perform duties in an independent manner.
- Data and billing entry into the EMR. Structuring reports in the digital imaging PACS system.
- Ability to perform portable echocardiograms in various areas of the hospital including the medical and surgical intensive care units.
- The ability to execute job duties to achieve optimal productivity and efficiency.
- The ability to ensure the accuracy and completeness of work performed.
- The ability to maintain a clean organized work area.
- The ability to demonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of cardiac pathology.
Minimum of 3 years scanning experience, required. Pediatric exeprience preferred.
Graduate from a Diagnostic Cardiovascular Ultrasound Program, required.
Licenses / Certifications:
Active credentials in the area of Adult Echocardiography with CCI or ARDMS