At Optum, we share what might be a surprisingly simple goal: make the health system work better for everyone. We look for people who relentlessly push themselves to go farther. For these high performers, a position on a team at OptumCare is a natural fit. We offer more than the talent, resources, and can-do culture — we offer a place to improve the lives of others while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
As a part of our continued growth, we are searching for a Hospitalist Physician to join our team in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Our Hospitalist are part of an integrated coordinated medical group treating Medicare Advantage Patients, focusing on value-based care
- Our hospitalist team have an entire network of Optum employees working together, assuring that the patient is receiving the right care, at the right time, in a quality focused, compassionate manner
- 7 On / 7 Off Schedule; Some flexibility for vacation schedules and individual need
- 40 shifts per quarter minimum is the contractual requirement
- Procedures are not required
- Closed ICU
Southwest Medical, an Optum Organization, is one of Nevada’s largest multi-specialty medical groups. We’ve been caring for southern Nevadans since 1972. We have decades of experience and a drive to better our patients' lives. Southwest Medical is as unique as the community we live in.
What makes an OptumCare Organization different?
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak for their license
- As one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organization in the country, Optum consistently delivers clinical outcomes that meet or exceed national standards
- We promote a culture of clinical innovation and transformation
- We are a top performer of the Quadruple Aim initiative in Southern Nevada
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community or our local organizations
Optum is a family of more than 60,000 doctors and 2,000 locations nationwide. We work together to help over 20+ million people live healthier lives — in-person or virtually. Our goal as an organization is to transform healthcare nationally, while providing Physician-led care locally. Our distinctive culture and set of capabilities enable independent physicians to succeed in value-based models of care and fulfill the Quadruple Aim of high-quality, high-value services, and outstanding patient and provider experience. To learn more about our growing presence: Click Here
- Optum is the largest employer of providers.
- $6.4B invested annually in technology and innovation.
- Over 3.5 million Veterans and Military service members served.
- 99% of Optum Care’s MA patients will be in 4-star plans or better by 2023.
- Optum serves approximately 9 out of 10 U.S. hospitals and 9 out of 10 Fortune 100 employers.
- Optum is the technology-focused and care-delivery arm of UnitedHealth Group.
o UHG is ranked 5th of the Fortune 500.
o The largest healthcare company in the world according to Forbes.
o Seventh largest company by revenue in the world.
o See how we are improving our communities.
Optum HouseCalls in-home assessments are now available in all 50 states. Learn how implementing a holistic approach can help improve health outcomes and quality measures for Medicare Advantage members: Click Here
The Optum Care Partnership Program for Physicians is designed to reward, recognize, and develop physicians and provides multiple tracks for career development. Partners and Distinguished Partners are invited to attend a once-a-year Partnership Forum hosted by Optum and focused on creating engagement for providers across the country. Whether you want to be the next clinical leader at Optum or a stronger clinician, this program will support your career desires.
As an employer of choice, we offer a full comprehensive range of benefits and attractive compensation package:
- Competitive sign-on bonus
- Med/Den/Vis, STD, LTD, 401k with match
- Professional liability at no cost to clinician
- CME Reimbursement & Time Off
- Stock Purchase Option/Executive Savings Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Bright Horizons Back-Up Care™: In-home back-up child and adult/elder care
- Bright Horizons College Coach™: Tuition Payment Planning & More
- Stride Well-being Programs to help with health and lifestyle goals
- Physician Partnership Program
Top reasons to live in Las Vegas, Nevada:
- 300+ days of sunshine, annual average temperature of 70 degrees, beautiful desert flowers and red rock canyons
- The best of superstar shows, concerts, sporting events, restaurants and shopping available 365 days a year
- NO STATE INCOME TAX, affordable housing, wonderful recreation available: Red Rock Canyon, Lake Mead, Grand Canyon, Colorado River, Lake Powell, Mt. Charleston (11,000 ft elevation) are all nearby; Las Vegas is situated a short distance from 10 Scenic National Parks; Las Vegas is also a Golfers Paradise with 40+ neighborhood and championship courses
- M.D. or D.O.
- United States Citizenship
- Must have completed an accredited residency/fellowship training in specialty
- Must be Board Certified or Board Eligible in specialty
- Active medical license in Nevada or ability to obtain prior to employment
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Medical knowledge about established and evolving biomedical, clinical, epidemiological, and social behavioral sciences and application of this knowledge to patient care
- Interpersonal and communication skills that result in effective information exchange and collaboration with patients, their families, and other health professionals
- Possession of or acquisition of sufficient computer skills to effectively utilize Electronic Medical Records
- Practice-based learning and improvement that involves investigation and evaluation of their own patient care, appraisal, and assimilation of scientific evidence and improvements in patient care
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Nevada Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Nevada residents is $268,290 to $355,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.