Location: Austin, Texas
Internal Number: REQ-021812
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
You are a superhero when it comes to patient specimens. You've got problem-solving instincts, a passion for patient care, and the drive to keep things running smoothly. You're also looking for great benefits, the support of an all-star team, and an opportunity to grow your career.
Join our front line of #HealthcareHeroes! Our mission is to advance the health and wellbeing of our communities as a leader in clinical laboratory solutions. Quality is in our DNA -- is it in yours?
This opportunity is full-time during third shift.
In this role, you will:
- Perform a vital part of the patient care process by making sure laboratory specimens are properly processed, prepared, routed, and stored
- Recognize when corrective action is needed and implement effective solutions
- Work in a laboratory environment with biological hazards and PPE requirements.
- Champion safety, compliance, and quality control
All you need is:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous training or experience in specimen collection or processing
- Strong reading, writing, and analytical skills
- Ability to operate general laboratory equipment, including but not limited to: telephones, computers, centrifuges, and audible alarms.
Bonus points if you've got:
- 1 - 2 years of related experience in clinical laboratory, data entry, or production
We'll give you:
- Appreciation for your work
- A feeling of satisfaction that you've helped people
- Opportunity to grow in your profession
- Free lab services for you and your dependents
- Work-life balance, including Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Competitive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Help saving for retirement, with a 401(k) plus a company match
- A sense of belonging - we're a community!
We also want you to know:
This role will have routine access to Protected Health Information (PHI). Employees will be trained on reasonable safeguards and are expected to maintain strict confidentiality, as well as abide by all applicable privacy and security standards. Employees are expected only to access PHI when it is required to fulfill job duties.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
3rd Shift (United States of America)
Clinical Pathology Laboratories, Inc.
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.