Location: Poughkeepsie, New York
Provide Speech-Language Pathology diagnostic and therapeutic services to clients in a variety of clinical settings.
- Independently provides diagnostic services in at least four of the five following clinical areas: (Adult speech-language, Pediatric speech-language, Voice, Dysphagia (adult or pediatric),
CF, LLD, MBS, FEESST, videostroboscopy, fluency, augmentative.) Independent in all five areas.
- Consistently selects, utilizes, and accurately interprets appropriate, testing materials and/ or instrumentation based on presenting needs. Actively participates in research on potential updates, modifications, and/or improvements to clinical or departmental protocol/ instrumentation/ testing methods.
- Independently provides therapy services in at least four of the five following clinical areas: (Adult speech-language, Pediatric speech-language, Voice, Dysphagia (adult or pediatric),
CF, LLD, MBS, FEESST, videostroboscopy, fluency, augmentative). Independent in all five areas.
- Consistently selects and utilizes appropriate therapy materials and/ or instrumentation based on presenting needs. Actively participates in research on potential updates, modifications, and/or improvements to clinical or departmental protocol/instrumentation/ treatment methods.
- Seeks input/ feedback from patient/ caregivers consistently.
- Always selects engaging, functional therapy activities.
- Always designs therapy services around patient interests.
- Evaluation documentation consistently includes thorough discussion of problem, results, and recommendations.
- Evaluation documentation consistently includes interpretation of results and findings are clearly supported by presenting concerns and test data.
- Makes appropriate clinical recommendations and referrals, and consistently follows dept procedures for completing such referrals.
- Treatment documentation is consistently functional, measurable, specific, and objective.
- Clinical documentation is accurate, thorough, and complete 90% of the time according to dept standards. Meets such standards 91% of the time or greater.
- Clinical documentation is completed in a timely manner according to dept standards 90% of the time. Completed documentation meets timeliness standards 91% of the time or greater.
- Departmental documentation (e.g. productivity forms, charge/day sheets, PE submission) is accurate and complete 90% of the time. Dept documentation meets standards 91% of the time or greater.
- Departmental documentation (e.g. see above) meets dept timeliness standards 90% of the time. Dept documentation is timely 91% of the time or greater.
- Consistently reports findings/ progress directly to patient/ caregiver in a clear and concise manner.
- Consistently educates and counsels caregivers and patient to facilitate carryover of recommendations/ skills.
- Shares new applications of clinical knowledge/ skills with fellow staff at least once per year via direct training, group presentations and/or case reviews. Provides such presentations more than once per year. Initiates and coordinates implementation of an educational presentation/ event.
- Maintains productivity of at least 53% on average while efficiently providing services in multiple sites. Productivity expectation may be adjusted based on site assignment and amount of travel. Average productivity is 54% or greater.
- Consistently (minimum: weekly) takes proactive steps to manage own productivity, including noting and resolving patient attendance issues, looking ahead at own schedule and offering and providing coverage for other programs/areas/sites.
- Provides clinical mentorship and/or CFY supervision with one less experienced staff member. Mentorship activities could be in a specific clinical area of expertise. Performs above support activities with more than one staff member.
- Demonstrates the ability to independently identify and resolve challenges, issues or problems, seeking support when needed to ensure a positive outcome or resolution. Makes suggestions for potential process improvements that take into account various clinical, financial, time factors.
- Provides support/guidance for fellow staff to resolve challenges, issues, or problems to ensure a positive outcome or resolution.
- Participates directly in specific aspects of orientation process with other staff as assigned.
- Actively participates in one department team, project, or committee. Actively participates in more than one department or hospital-based team, project, or committee.
- Provides feedback during Performance Appraisal process for mentored and/or supervised staff.
- Participates in at least 1outreach activity per year. Outreach activities may include an educational program to internal or external customers, cultivating of referral sources, development of new programs, etc. Initiates or suggests new outreach activity.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum of 2 years experience
MastersDegree in Speech-Language Pathology. Bachelors degree for designated areas
NYS License in Speech-Language Pathology or eligibility for license.NYS Ed Teacher of Speech and Hearing Handicapped certification (as required by program).ASHA CCC-SLP
- If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- Must have own transportation to move from site to site and/or home to home to provide patient care.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
MidHudson Regional Hospital
MidHudson Regional Hospital in Poughkeepsie, NY, is home to the mid-Hudson Valley's most advanced healthcare services. This 243-bed facility cares for more than 10,000 inpatients annually while performing an additional 325,000 outpatient procedures each year. MidHudson Regional Hospital operates the area's only Level II trauma center, is home to the Redl Center for Cancer Care and Center for Robotic Surgery, and is a destination hospital for patients with serious illnesses and injuries.