Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Nemours is looking for a Certified Dental Assistant.
This position is responsible for: Dental assisting as mandated by department policy procedures. Reports directly to the Clinical Operations Director, Department of Surgery.
High School Diploma
Delaware Dental Radiation Technician certification or certificate recognizing DANB CDA certification from the Delaware Office of Radiation Control
Pediatric office experience is desired.
- Engage in clear, effective, compassionate conversation with all external and internal customers.
- Function as an integral, independent, enthusiastic member of the dental team.
- Greet, escort, and room patients.
- Adhere to, and enforce hospital infection control and radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Assist with all aspects of chairside dental care in ambulatory and hospital inpatient environments, including anticipation of the needs of dentists, hygienists and patients as directed by Dentist. Retract tissue and maintain clear operating field. Assist in management of infant, child, and adolescent behavior.
- Under the direction of the Dentist, examine dental record and prepare patient and guardian for treatment, including: adjust dental chair, select, arrange, and explain to patients and parents dental instruments and dental materials.
- Expose and process digital dental radiographs as per the direction of the Dentist or Hygienist.
- Clean dental trays and instruments in conjunction with Sterile Processing Department's Reliable Methods.
- Performs dental material functions related to procurement, custodial responsibilities, maintenance and disposal of dental supplies and equipment.
- Clean and make minor adjustments to dental equipment, including following daily inspection and user maintenance protocols.
- Assist with documentation of each patient's encounter in the electronic medical (Epic) and dental (Dentrix) records, as per department protocol.
- Model the Nemours Standards of Behavior.