DescriptionPlay a key role in the delivery of world-class patient care. Continuously elevate the quality of care within an award-winning health system. Leverage your expertise to make a real difference in others’ lives. At UCLA Health, UCan do all this and more.
You will play a key role in the hospital-level implementation of our infection prevention program. This will involve educating health care providers, consulting with leadership and hospital staff regarding infection prevention issues, and communicating and implementing effective evidence-based infection prevention practices. You will collaborate with physicians, department directors, and clinical staff to support infection prevention improvement projects across the hospital. You will also help identify, analyze, and report healthcare-associated infections while driving performance improvement and patient safety. You will be responsible for reporting all healthcare-associated infections within the hospital as required by relevant regulatory agencies (e.g., DHS, CDPH, Cal-OSHA, Center of Medicare and Medicaid, etc.) and monthly operating reports.
Salary Range: $95,900 - $222,100/annually
QualificationsWe’re seeking a deadline-driven, detail-oriented clinical leader with:
· Bachelor's degree in a health-related field - Master’s preferred
· Certification in Infection Control & Epidemiology (CIC) , preferred
· Three or more years of experience in a clinic/hospital setting
· In-depth knowledge of clinical and operational issues in infection control, including policies, regulatory requirements, surveillance, and investigation methodologies, data collection, epidemiology, microbiology, patient care, and related nursing issues
· Thorough understanding of data management, analysis, research, reporting, and documentation methods used in infection control
· Ability to contribute to studies, investigations, reports, presentations, and the development of new infection control protocols and policies
· Strong organizational, prioritizing, and time-management skills
· Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
· Ability to provide advice and recommendations on complex issues of functionality, clinical quality, efficiency, and program development
UCLA Health is a world-renowned health system with four award-winning hospitals and dozens of primary care practices, specialty practices, urgent care centers, and other ancillary locations throughout metro Los Angeles as well as the David Geffen School of Medicine. Through the efforts of our outstanding people, we have become Los Angeles’ trusted provider of exceptional, compassionate patient care. If you’re looking to experience greater challenge and fulfillment in your career, UCan at UCLA Health.
At UCLA Health, you can help heal humankind, one patient at a time by improving health, alleviating suffering and delivering acts of kindness. As you do, you’ll achieve great things in your life and your career. We’re a world-class health organization with four hospitals consistently recognized among the nation’s very best as well as an internationally-renowned medical school, primary and specialty care clinics and much more. Within our dynamic, innovative and growing organization, you’ll find exceptional opportunities to make the most of your abilities in a supportive, empowering and inclusive environment. If you embrace our values of Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Teamwork, Excellence and Discovery we invite you to see all you can accomplish at UCLA Health.